Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Team
Any time your home alarm system in New Orleans goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring specialists will act immediately. Their first move is to validate your alarm, and that involves getting in contact with you. The protocol they adhere to is dependent on the type of emergency. For example, if a medical emergency is initiated, a single attempt will be made to contact you before help is dispatched. If you have a break-in - the most typical type of alarm - a monitoring professional will follow these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to reach you through the central command panel. You will usually be asked for a passcode.
- If that attempt isn’t successful, a call is attempted to your principal contact number.
- A secondary number or first emergency contact is attempted next.
- If there is still no answer, area law enforcement officers are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will try to reach you again after the proper authorities are alerted.
If you're not able to converse with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Help will still be dispatched even when you're not available to confirm the emergency.
Prepare for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in New Orleans
Be prepared for any crisis with a contemporary home alarm system in New Orleans from Vivint. Call (504) 285-9448 to start designing your home’s security today.