How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your New Orleans smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home’s security system as it links your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in full charge of your New Orleans home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it can benefit you and find tips to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in New Orleans do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices via radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you can even talk to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup for enhanced reliability. It also gives you convenient remote operation via the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the functions you can perform:
- Review current or saved video from any linked cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Change your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to monitoring agents
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in New Orleans by implementing schedules or initiating rules. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a particular time. Or, you can set rules like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s simple - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will be in your house and arms everything besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and all sensors in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will post a notification if the system isn’t ready to arm. For example, an open window or door will prompt you to take action. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the system by adhering to the above steps. You will then need to verify you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in New Orleans
Although various users can be set up during the initial installation, you may want to add or remove a user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote functionality, choose email or phone and enter the information to dispatch an invitation.
- Choose Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, navigate to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new New Orleans security system. Contact (504) 285-9448 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.