Are wireless smart homes in New Orleans a good idea?
Not so long ago, home security systems were restricted to hard-wired devices connected through a long installation process. Those days are gone. Wireless technology has revolutionized the industry and created a multitude of new possibilities for families.
Are you wondering if a wireless smart home in New Orleans is the best choice for you? Find out what you should know about wireless installations.
What you should know before deciding to go wireless
The backbone of any wireless setup is a stable internet connection. Dependable, speedy internet and a quality wireless router are the two primary elements you’ll need. If you haven’t replaced your router in the last few years, think about doing it now to benefit from the newest performance improvements.
If you dwell in an area without dependable high-speed internet or cell coverage, you could be better off with a hard-wired setup. Or, if you relocate to a house that is pre-wired for , it may make sense monetarily to stay with that configuration.
Internet and utility outages can take place no matter where you are located. To address this concern, search for security systems with battery and cellular backups to maintain your connection.
What are the benefits of a wireless smart home in New Orleans?
The central aim of any home security system is to defend your household from risks like theft and fire. You can do this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you intend to utilize the most recent advancements, a wireless smart home is your best choice. By installing a wireless system, you can take advantage of the following:
● Remote access: Would you appreciate being able to lock your doors or watch real-time footage from your phone? A wireless smart home offers a degree of access you’ve never had before. You can remotely investigate or manipulate any integrated components, like your smart thermostat or lights.
● Instant notifications: Not only can you access your system, but it can also get in touch you. If a sensor is tripped, a notification will be sent instantly to your cell phone app. You’ll always be notified when there’s a security event, no matter where you are.
● Flexibility and scalability: Different from wired devices, you can put wireless options just about wherever you wish. Want to have a surveillance camera on your desk or in your nursery? No sweat! It’s also simple to remove or add devices from your wireless smart home.
Possible disadvantages of wireless systems
Although wireless smart homes in New Orleans have proven safe and beneficial, there are a few potential disadvantages. You should consider the following:
● You might need to replace batteries. If you use battery-powered devices, there’s always the potential for failure when the battery dies. However, smart elements will notify you when the battery is depleting and tend to last for several years without requiring a new battery.
● Placing devices. There may be restrictions on how far you are able to put wireless devices away from the central command hub. This isn’t likely to be a concern in the majority of homes, but you need to ask about the restrictions prior to installing.
● There’s a threat of online hacking. Similar to other computer networks, the threat of hacking exists. But you can significantly reduce this risk by incorporating hard-to-guess passwords, always updating default settings, and choosing routers with built-in security.
Customize your Vivint wireless smart home in New Orleans today!
Take advantage of everything a wireless smart home can offer by personalizing your own with a Vivint agent today. You’ll enjoy being able to monitor and control your New Orleans security system from any location. Reach out to (504) 285-9448 to get started.